FRIDAY, MAY 10, 2024
All 8th grade students of Valley View are required to participate in the 8th Grade Portfolio Presentation Day. Students will present their selected work to community volunteers who will evaluate them on their student work, communication, and presentation skills. Portfolio Day is considered a formal exit interview for all 8th graders. Students are required to participate in order to attend the Eighth Grade Activity Day. Our 8th graders are required to dress in a professional manner (follow the dress code). English class credit is given for this very important event.
PORTFOLIO DRESS CODE/GUIDELINES
BUSINESS-LIKE & PROFESSIONAL
- Collared, Button Dress Shirt with a Tie
- Nice /Dress Pants with a Belt
- Nice/Dress Shoes
- Suits & Jackets - Optional
- Skirt /Pants with a Nice Top (dresses & skirts must be an appropriate length & may not be tight fitting)
- Shoes: No High Heels; Only Shoes with Low Heels or Flats (shoes = strap or an enclosed heel; NO backless shoes or sandals)
1. Your outfit must be worn the entire day.
2. No shorts, capris, or any apparel made of JEANS or JEAN-LIKE material.
3. Students who blatantly fail to follow the dress code will receive zero points under professional attire on the evaluation form.